Scholarship for NYCHA Residents
Scholarship for NYCHA Residents attending CUNY
If you are a NYCHA resident attending a CUNY Community or Senior College, you may be eligible to receive a $1,000 NYCHA - CUNY Resident Scholarship or the Regina A. Figueroa Memorial Scholarship.
We are pleased to announce the open application period for both scholarships. Approximately 10 scholarships will be awarded to eligible NYCHA residents. Completed applications must be received by NYCHA no later than June 14, 2013.
Scholarship applicants must:
- Be an authorized NYCHA resident
- Have a documented disability (only for Memorial Scholarship applicants)
- Be a sophomore, junior or senior student enrolled full-time in a CUNY Associate or Baccalaureate degree program
- Have a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Demonstrate financial need
- Submit a 500-word autobiographical essay
NYCHA-CUNY Resident Scholarship Program Flyer:2013 NYCHA Resident Scholarship Flyer (English) <pdf>
2013 NYCHA Resident Scholarship Applications:2013 NYCHA-CUNY Resident Scholarship Application <pdf>
2013 Regina A. Figueroa Memorial Scholarship Application <pdf>
For more information about these scholarship offerings for NYCHA residents please visit: www.nyc.gov/nychacunyscholarship