1. What is CUNY LEADS?
CUNY LEADS is a unique academic and career program for students with disabilities at the City University of New York (CUNY) »
2. Who may be eligible for LEADS?
CUNY students with disabilities who are currently registered in:
- Degree and Non Degree Programs
- Adult and Continuing Education
- Allied Programs
Students do not have to be registered with the campus disabilities office to qualify for LEADS.
3. What makes someone eligible?
A student may be considered eligible providing they meet the following requirements:
- The presence of a documented disability
- The understanding that this disability creates an impairment to employment
- The expectation that with services, this person will be able to obtain employment.
4. What services can be provided if I am eligible?
Example of services may include:
- Academic advisement
- Career counseling
- Resume preparation
- Interview preparation
- Internship placement assistance
- Job seeking and placement assistance
- Soft skills development workshops
- Advocacy skills
- Referral assistance with ACCES-VR
All services are free and confidential.
5. What if I am already registered with ACCES/VR?
If you have an open case with ACCES/VR, you are eligible to receive CUNY LEADS services. You may meet with your campus LEADS advisor to get registered or ask your ACCES/VR counselor to connect you with your campus advisor.
6. Can LEADS really help me to get a job?
- CUNY LEADS Advisors work with LEADS Placement Advisors to connect students with internship and job opportunities they may not otherwise have access to.
- Advisors provide support in job-seeking and skill development and address unique disability-related challenges that may affect your ability to obtain employment.
- You will have access to workshop and individualized assistance regarding resumes, interviews, and finding and maintaining employment.
- Once you are employed, the LEADS counselor will continue to maintain contact to provide support while you are adjusting to your new job.
New York, NY 10019