1. What is CUNY LEADS?
CUNY LEADS is a unique Academic and career program for students with disabilities at the City University of New York (CUNY).
2. Who may be eligible for LEADS?
CUNY students with disabilities who are currently registered in:
- Degree and Non Degree Programs
- Adult and Continuing Education
- Allied Programs
Students do not have to be registered with the campus disabilities office to qualify for LEADS.
3. What makes someone eligible?
A student may be considered eligible providing they meet the following requirements:
- The presence of a documented disability
- The understanding that this disability creates an impairment to employment
- The expectation that with services, this person will be obtain employment.
4. What services can be provided if I am eligible?
Example of services may include:
- Academic advisement
- Career counseling
- Resume preparation
- Interview preparation
- Internship assistance
- Job seeking assistance
- Advocacy skills
- Referral assistance with ACCES/VR
All services are free and confidential.
5. What if I am already registered with ACCES/VR?
If you have an open case with ACCES/VR, you may meet with the CUNY LEADS advisor on campus who may register you with the LEADS Program. OR Talk with your ACCES/VR counselor who can connect you with your campus CUNY LEADS advisor.
6. Can LEADS really help me to get a job?
- The LEADS Program will provide you with the on campus support that can empower you with the skills needed to obtain employment in the current labor market.
- The LEADS advisor is available to provide advisement, career counseling and other as needed assistance right on your home CUNY campus.
- You will have access to workshop and individualized assistance regarding resumes, interviews, and finding and maintaining employment.
- Once you are employed, the LEADS counselor will continue to maintain contact to provide support while you are adjusting to your new job.
"An Evolving Vision for Student Affairs"
Vice Chancellor Frank D. Sanchez,
Lecture Series Podcast .
205 E. 42nd Street
New York, NY 10017
555 W. 57th Street
New York, NY 10019
65-30 Kissena Boulevard
Flushing, NY 11367