CUNY HAS A NEW STUDENT HEALTH INSURANCE PLAN!
Online enrollment for the new CUNY-United Healthcare Insurance plan is open through February 28, 2014. CUNY students registered for 6 or more credits are eligible to enroll. Coverage begins on the first day of the month you enroll.
For information about the plan benefits, please see United Healthcare/CUNY 2013-14 Benefit Summary Brochure <pdf>
If you have questions, please call United Healthcare at 800-767-0700. Please note that you can enroll online at www.UHCSR.com/CUNY during the open enrollment periods.
- It may be the more affordable option! Employers may charge additional amounts for dependents if you stay on your parents’ plan. Exchange plans are going to be based on broader, more diverse groups. Student plans may be 60-70% lower in cost!*
- Because students typically are a healthier group, you may benefit from lower deductibles and out-of-pocket expenses.
- Thanks to new Health Care Reform (PPACA), you’ll enjoy expanded benefits and coverage.
- Sign up while you’re healthy. Even a simple injury can be costly.
- Take advantage of a national network of health care providers and pharmacies, with coverage regardless of the distance from campus or home.
- Your plan may include Global Emergency Services coverage.
- Access valuable health information and manage the plan on your mobile device.
- Your plan may include 10-25% discounts on a wide range of health and wellness products and services.
- You may have 24/7 telephone access to registered nurses and counselors ready to provide confidential help.
- It’s a lot less expensive than paying medical bills!
© 2013 United HealthCare Services, Inc.
*Comparison data from 2013 Employer Health Benefits Survey, Kaiser Family Foundation
Insurance for International Students
The CUNY-United Healthcare insurance plan meets the Department of State Exchange Visitor Program’s mandatory insurance specifications.
For more information please visit the Insurance for International Students website.
Office of CityWide Health Insurance Access
In collaboration with Human Resources Administration's Office of Citywide Health Insurance Access (OCHIA), facilitated enrollers are made available on campus offering New York State's Family Health Plus and Child Health Plus health insurance programs to eligible students.
Call 311 for more information and to find out where you can enroll in a public health insurance program in your neighborhood or log on to the NYC Health Insurance Link
The City University of New York is pleased to announce its new student health insurance program for the 2013-14 academic year. The selection of United Healthcare, the nation’s largest health insurer, was completed through a careful proposal evaluation process placing the needs of students as a top priority. <read more>