Deferred Action Application Assistance Events
EVENTS ARE BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
The following is CUNY Citizenship Now's last CUNY campus based events for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals.
If you believe that you meet the requirements to request Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (see below), you may register for the event listed below. Once you have RSVP'd, you will receive an appointment confirmation* and additional information regarding the documents you will need to bring to the event. We ask you to please make sure to take the time to fill out all the documents to the best of your ability before the event. That way, we can better assist you, and help make sure that you walk out of the event with an application ready to mail to USCIS.
If you are not able to register for this event you can make an appointment at one of our centers. To avoid long waiting times we suggest that you contact one of the New York City Council Member centers.
Please register for the event in order to receive services.
Requirements for Deferred Action
You may be eligible if you:
- Were under the age of 31 as of June 15, 2012;
- Came to the United States before reaching your 16th birthday;
- Have continuously resided in the United States since June 15, 2007, up to the present time;
- Were physically present in the United States on June 15, 2012, and at the time of making your request for deferred action;
- Entered without inspection before June 15, 2012, or your lawful immigration status expired as of June 15, 2012;
- Have graduated or obtained a certificate of completion from high school, have obtained a general education development (GED) certificate, or are currently in school, or are an honorably discharged veteran of the Coast Guard or Armed Forces of the United States; and
- Have not been convicted of a felony, significant misdemeanor, three or more other misdemeanors, and do not otherwise pose a threat to national security or public safety.