Citizenship Application Documents
To apply for citizenship, you must meet the following basic requirements:
- Reside in the United States as a permanent resident for five years (three years if living with and married to the same U.S. citizen)
- Live in the United States for half of the five or three year period
- You are at least 18 years old
What to bring to a Citizenship Now! event:
- Green card and ALL passports since obtaining green card
- Home addresses for the last five (or three years*)
- Employment/school history for the last five (or three years*)
- Marital history* (you will need information about your current spouse, your prior spouses, and your current spouse’s prior spouses)
- Children’s information (Current legal name, date of birth, A# (if applicable), country of birth)*
- If either of your parents are U.S. Citizens, you will need your parent’s naturalization information*
- If you have you have ever been arrested, charged, received a citation, been detained by the police, or received a ticket on the subway or bus, you MUST obtain a “Certificate of Disposition” for EACH incident from the Criminal Court Clerk’s Office in the county where the arrest, citation or charge occurred and bring each Certificate in order to be helped with your application at the event.
Click here <pdf> for information about how to obtain certified disposition for each arrest before the event.