Fee Waiver Required Documents
FEE WAIVERS FOR NATURALIZATION
- Are you receiving a means-tested benefit from a state or federal agency?
- Is your household income at or below 150% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines at the time of filing?
- Do you have a financial hardship situation that you want USCIS to consider when determining your eligibility for a fee waiver?
If you said yes to any of these questions, you may qualify for a fee waiver. Simply bring as many of the documents listed below as you can to a Citizenship Now! event; attorneys and paralegals will review your materials and provide assistance with the fee waiver application.
Note: The decision whether to waive the fee is made by the USCIS, NOT by our volunteers or attorneys.
FEE WAIVER APPLICATION CHECK LIST:
Bring to the event as many of these items as possible:
- Copy of award letter from the state or federal agency granting the benefit, e.g. SSI award letter and/or budget letter (if applicable)
- Copy of rental lease or notarized rental agreement with monthly receipts
- Copies of utility bills (electricity, cable and phone)
- Copy of IRS tax returns for the most recent tax year
- Bank statements for the past three months
- Copy of Medicaid and/or Medicare Cards (if applicable)
- Child support letter (if applicable)
- Child school letter (if applicable)
- Custody order showing that the child lives with you (if applicable)