By joining the NYC/CUNY Citizenship Now! Corps you become part of a team that thrives on helping others. Corps volunteers also enjoy many benefits, including the following:
- Gain a greater knowledge and understanding of immigration law. If you are new to immigration, acquire hands-on experience at our events and get a sense of the work of an immigration counselor. If you are a more experienced counselor, you can share your professional skills with newer immigration professionals.
- Participate in free immigration trainings presented by CUNY Citizenship Now!.
- Benefit from other free educational tools designed for our volunteers, and available exclusively on our website.
- Network with fellow volunteers and CUNY Citizenship Now! staff members.
- Have the opportunity to meet many of New York’s public officials who co-sponsor our Citizenship Now! events.
- Interact with participants from various cultural backgrounds and have the opportunity to practice a second language.
- Receive communications from CUNY Citizenship Now!'s listserv regarding upcoming events, trainings and other initiatives.
- Encourage and assist green card holders to apply for citizenship
- Provide information to immigrants to help them overcome barriers to meet the naturalization requirements.