We greatly appreciate the time and energy you dedicate to helping immigrants in New York City become U.S. citizens. We are confident that this web page will be a useful tool for you to stay connected with other immigration professionals and find plenty of resources focused on immigration law. We welcome your feedback and suggestions to make this online tool even better.
Ana Ronzel has been a member of the Volunteer Corps for almost three years, attending numerous trainings, citizenship events and the annual Call-In. However, on November 22nd she saw the other side of the table when she came in to get help with her citizenship application. We sat down with her after the event to hear her thoughts on being part of our Volunteer Corps and on becoming a citizen.Click here to read the interview.
Allan Wernick, Esq.
In this month's column, Allan discusses the New York State Dream Act and the chances of the bill passing through the New York State Assembly and Senate in 2015. Click here to read this month's article.
Wernick's Daily News Column
Immigration News Sources
- USCIS Press Room
- National Immigration Law Center: Important Developments
- Immigration Advocates Network: News
- The New York Times: U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement
- American Civil Liberties Union Press Releases
- National Immigration Project of the National Lawyers Guild: Policy and legal updates
- Immigration Law Opinions Summaries by FindLaw
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) for Noncitizens <pdf>
- Immigration-Related Abbreviations and Acronyms
- Prosecutorial Discretion: How to Get DHS to Act in Favor of Your Client <pdf>
- Appealing Removal Orders in Federal Court <pdf>
- HIV Infection Removed from CDC List of Communicable Diseases of Public Health Significance <pdf>
- Immigration Criminal Convictions and Offenses and Consequences Checklist <pdf>
*Practice advisories are provided for informational purposes only and do not constitute legal advice.
Click here if the poll question does not load.