We greatly appreciate the time and energy you dedicate to helping immigrants in New York City become U.S. citizens. We are confident that this web page will be a useful tool for you to stay connected with other immigration professionals and find plenty of resources focused on immigration law. We welcome your feedback and suggestions to make this online tool even better.
April is National Volunteer Month, so instead of recognizing one volunteer, we would like to say thank you to all of our volunteers, past and present, that have helped us provide free immigration services. With the CUNY/ Daily News Citizenship Now! call-in and the May 10th Citywide Citizenship Event on the horizon, we are particularly aware of the fact that we would not be able to successfully complete these events without the help of our dedicated volunteers. Click here to read more.
Allan Wernick, Esq.
On May 10th, we will be holding the 2014 Citywide Citizenship Application Assistance Event. This is the biggest event of its kind and we look forward to helping more New Yorkers than ever before. Our Director Allan Wernick writes about the event and how you can help. Click here to read this month's article.
Wernick's Daily News Column
Immigration News Sources
- USCIS Press Room
- National Immigration Law Center: Important Developments
- Immigration Advocates Network: News
- The New York Times: U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement
- American Civil Liberties Union Press Releases
- National Immigration Project of the National Lawyers Guild: Policy and legal updates
- Immigration Law Opinions Summaries by FindLaw
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) for Noncitizens <pdf>
- Immigration-Related Abbreviations and Acronyms
- Prosecutorial Discretion: How to Get DHS to Act in Favor of Your Client <pdf>
- Appealing Removal Orders in Federal Court <pdf>
- HIV Infection Removed from CDC List of Communicable Diseases of Public Health Significance <pdf>
- Immigration Criminal Convictions and Offenses and Consequences Checklist <pdf>
*Practice advisories are provided for informational purposes only and do not constitute legal advice.
Click here if the poll question does not load.