We greatly appreciate the time and energy you dedicate to helping immigrants in New York City become U.S. citizens. We are confident that this web page will be a useful tool for you to stay connected with other immigration professionals and find plenty of resources focused on immigration law. We welcome your feedback and suggestions to make this online tool even better.
James Howard has been a volunteer attorney with CUNY Citizenship Now! since February 2013. Since then he has attended each call-in event and call-in training as he continues to educate himself on immigration law. Click here read more about James' thoughts on being part of our Volunteer Corps
Allan Wernick, Esq.
The big immigration story of the month is the border crisis. Two factors typically drive undocumented immigration. Both are in play in the increase in young people coming to the United States. Click here to read this month's article.
Wernick's Daily News Column
Immigration News Sources
- USCIS Press Room
- National Immigration Law Center: Important Developments
- Immigration Advocates Network: News
- The New York Times: U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement
- American Civil Liberties Union Press Releases
- National Immigration Project of the National Lawyers Guild: Policy and legal updates
- Immigration Law Opinions Summaries by FindLaw
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) for Noncitizens <pdf>
- Immigration-Related Abbreviations and Acronyms
- Prosecutorial Discretion: How to Get DHS to Act in Favor of Your Client <pdf>
- Appealing Removal Orders in Federal Court <pdf>
- HIV Infection Removed from CDC List of Communicable Diseases of Public Health Significance <pdf>
- Immigration Criminal Convictions and Offenses and Consequences Checklist <pdf>
*Practice advisories are provided for informational purposes only and do not constitute legal advice.
Click here if the poll question does not load.