NYS Solar Job Opening
IT Lead - NYS Solar Ombudsman
The renewable energy marketplace is quickly growing and evolving and CUNY has been working to identify and remove barriers to solar photovoltaics (PV) in the New York City (NYC) and New York State (NYS) markets. Supported by the U.S Department of Energy (DOE), New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) and the New York Power Authority (NYPA), CUNY is leading NYC and NYS efforts to reduce non-hardware balance of system costs for PV.
CUNY seeks a NYS Solar Ombudsman to lead internal and external projects focused on implementing or customizing IT tools and technology. The Ombudsman will work with internal and external team members to implement, customize and maintain a diverse set of technologies that will help to provide energy analytics opportunities and move the solar industry in NYS and beyond. This position offers a genuine opportunity to impact renewable energy as a solution to climate change.
Under the direction of the New York State Solar Coordinator and the University Director for Sustainability, the Ombudsman will be responsible for leading or supporting the IT related efforts of the NYSolar Smart program. Additional special project assistance will be required as needed. You will be working with teams and overseeing projects that directly impact our partners and participants in the marketplace. Work will include leading the design, development, and implementation of online services and experiences that make their interactions with the applications simpler, faster, and more satisfying. Apply Here
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and Support the Architecting of technical solutions based on available resources (budget, technology) and document planned system designs
- Perform project estimation inclusive of system development, testing,implementation and ongoing maintenance
- Manage staff by utilizing the performance management process,clarifying job responsibilities and performance expectations, establishing goals and job competencies, identifying skill gaps, creating development plans, coaching on a continuous basis, and evaluating performance.
- Prepare operational budget, monitor expenditures throughout the year, and manage variances to ensure budgetary guidelines are met while upholding high standards of customer service excellence.
- Manage project workloads to ensure project deadlines and business requirements are met.
- Manage the development and ongoing utilization of standard development practices that provide a consistent high quality experience for business partners.
- Work with CUNY CIS leaders to create infrastructure environments to provide a stable platform for application development and solutions.
- Manage the research of technical solutions to meet strategic business objectives.
- Maintain a knowledge base of the latest industry standards and trends in the area of application development to determine improvements to application solutions.
- Manage negotiations with solution providers/vendors to ensure solutions meet business requirements.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
- Application development experience, preferably in a Microsoft Windows and .NET environment.
- Business intelligence implementation experience, preferably utilizing the Microsoft SQL stack of technologies including Analysis Services and Integration Services.
- Experience with enterprise data modeling, normalization and schema management.
- Advanced Project Management experience spanning the planning, management and supervision of large and diverse project team members.
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field preferred, and relevant equivalent experience.
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, MBA or related field preferred.
- PMP and/ or ITIL certifications desired.
Successful applicants will have excellent writing skills, public speaking ability in both large and small settings, and project management experience.
This positions will require initiative and the ability to work independently as well as to collaborate with multiple stakeholders.
Applicants must have proven experience working with high-level stakeholders. Communication to both the general public and solar industry experts will be required.
Applicants must apply through the Research Foundation Website