At Home in College is a Robin Hood funded college transition program that works with over 2000 high school seniors from 60 New York City public high schools and over 100 students from CUNY GED programs. The immediate goal of the project is to increase the college enrollment and retention rates of these students, and ultimately, their college graduation rates.
At Home offers each participating high school and GED student:
- Transition math and English courses intended to prepare them for the CUNY Assessment Test and success in college credit courses
- Fee waivers for the CUNY application
- College access activities, including help with completing on-line college applications, filing for financial aid, college visits, learning about different careers and programs of study, and enrolling in college.
- A Bridge to College summer program to help graduating seniors matriculate
- Advisement and other assistance during the first year of college if participating students enroll at a partner CUNY community college
If you have any questions about the At Home in College program at your school, please contact your college counselor.
CUNY - At Home in College
16 Court Street, 3rd Floor
Brooklyn, NY, 11201
Ciji Gardner, Director
Amy Perlow, Assistant Director
Jacob Koehler, Professional Development Coordinator
Lauren Rubin, Professional Development Coordinator