CUNY Start - A Strong Start in College.
If you are a CUNY-bound student whose scores on the CUNY Assessment Tests indicate that you need to develop your academic skills, CUNY Start may be for you. Start out stronger in college by improving your reading, writing, and/or math skills and reducing the amount of time you have to spend in required remedial classes:
- Improve your scores on the CUNY Assessment Tests
- Be better prepared for the challenges of college-level academic work
- Spend only $75 for the entire semester, including textbooks
- Save your limited financial aid dollars for college credit classes
- Have full access to campus resources – academic and career counseling, libraries, and athletic facilities
CUNY Start is happy to announce the second year of its Summer Start program. Summer Start is an intensive 8-week program for incoming CUNY students who want to increase their math proficiency before starting credit classes in the fall. The program enrolls students who have been accepted to CUNY, but have not passed the math sections of the CUNY Assessment Tests. This year, Summer Start will be offered at three CUNY campuses: Borough of Manhattan Community College, Guttman Community College and Hostos Community College.
For more information, click here <pdf>
Summer Start is made possible thanks to support from the Carroll and Milton Petrie Foundation.