P.O.I.S.E.D. for Success participants are helped to develop academic, parenting, and vocational skills; obtain information about health and child development issues; and plan for employment opportunities.
P.O.I.S.E.D. for Success services are provided in two phases
P.O.I.S.E.D. - Phase I
A full-time program offered 5 days a week over a 12 week period, that provides the following:
- Academic enrichment from basic skills through GED and college preparation;
- Computer skills development, including word processing and Internet use;
- Parenting and health classes;
- Counseling on personal, educational and employment preparation issues;
- Case management to resolve social service problems;
- Job placement assistance and follow-up.
A full-time program consisting of up to 12 weeks of job search for 2 days per week and work experience for 3 days per week.
Job search activities include: assistance with finding and exploring job leads, networking, interviewing skills, employment test preparation, resume and cover letter writing and Internet research. Post-employment counseling and incentives are also provided to promote retention.
Supervised work experience is designed to enhance job readiness skills. Participants are placed on- or off-campus in positions such as office assistant, receptionist or data-entry clerk.
HRA guidelines/requirements for WEP supervision are followed.