Guttman Transfer Scholarship
Guttman Transfer Scholarships offer benefits for outstanding CUNY community college students who transfer to an eligible CUNY senior college. Guttman Scholars receive $4,000 paid over two years. CUNY is able to offer these scholarships through an endowment provided by the Stella and Charles Guttman Foundation.
Congratulations to those students who have been selected to receive a Guttman Transfer Scholarship for the Fall 2014 semester!
- Seventy-five outstanding students have been selected as the first cohort of Guttman Scholars. <pdf> These students have performed at a high level within CUNY's community colleges, and will be enrolled in Fall 2014 at Brooklyn College, City College, Hunter College, Lehman College, or Queens College.
Applications for Spring 2015 scholarships will be available by approximately August 1, 2014.
- Students who meet eligibility requirements will have a link to the online application in their CUNYfirst "To Do" list.
- The deadline for students to submit the online application, including their personal essay, will be October 1.
- The deadline for faculty members to submit letters of recommendation will be October 15.
- A faculty selection committee will review applications, and scholarships will be awarded based on a review of your transcript, a personal essay, and a letter of recommendation.
- For more information, please review these Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) <pdf>.
You may be eligible to apply for a Spring 2015 scholarship if you
- Will earn an associate degree from any of CUNY's community colleges in the Fall 2014 or Winter 2015 terms
- Will transfer to Brooklyn College, City College, Hunter College, Lehman College, or Queens College for the Spring 2015 semester
- Have a GPA of 3.5 or above
- Apply for financial aid, with a priority given to those who are eligible for financial aid
For more information
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 646-664-8090.