After You Apply - Transfer

after you apply - transfer applicants

Thank you for submitting your online Admissions Application! There are only a few more steps to complete your admission review.

after you apply final steps to apply

Please download and print your Application Summary Package. To avoid a delay in the review of your application, it is crucial that you record your Application Control Number on each supporting document, attach it to the corresponding form within your Application Summary Package and mail the documents to the appropriate CUNY/UAPC address (at left). Do not send any documents listed below directly to the individual college(s), unless otherwise specified.

All transfer applicants who are not currently enrolled at a CUNY college must pay a $70.00 non-refundable application fee. The easiest and fastest way to pay the fee is online by credit card using a Visa or MasterCard. To pay the fee online log into the CUNYPortal. Under "Admission" click on "Application Status", then select "Choose Payment Options"

You may also pay your fee with a check or money order payable to CUNY/UAPC. Your check or money order for your application fee should be attached to your Application Fee Return Receipt and sent to the appropriate CUNY/UAPC address (at left). Please remember to write your name and Application Control Number on your check or money order.

*Veteran Applicants do not have to pay an application fee. For more information click here.

CUNY requires applicants to submit their entire academic record for review.

CUNY college transcript (intra-CUNY transfer applicants only)
If you are currently enrolled at a CUNY college, do not send a paper copy of your transcript.* Instead, an electronic version of your official CUNY transcript will be retrieved by CUNY/UAPC after your Admission Application is submitted. In order to retrieve your transcript, your social security number or CUNY ID (CUNY Portal ID or CUNY First ID or EMPLE ID) as indicated on your Admission Application must match the identification number listed on your CUNY college record. If there are stops and/or holds on your CUNY record, please resolve them with the Office of the Registrar at your CUNY college. Once the problem is resolved, we will then be able to electronically retrieve your transcript.

*CUNY SPS/Online BA students must submit a paper copy of their transcript.

College, University and/or Proprietary School Transcript(s)
If you are currently attending or if you have ever attended a college, university or proprietary school, an official transcript is required for each school attended. In addition, you must submit course descriptions that indicate the individual course title, material covered, text books used and any other information about the course to determine the number of transfer credits awarded.

We define an official record as one that details your complete academic history (all years) while in attendance at a college, university or any postsecondary institution. These records must be sent directly to us from the issuing institution and/or examining body in a sealed, school-issued envelope and must include the following:

» Dates of enrollment, courses taken and marks, grades or ratings in each subject.

» Institutional grading scale or other standard(s) of evaluation. 

» Recent signature and date by a school official and must include an original institutional seal. Accepted  signatures include: the Registrar, Dean, Principal, Controller of Examinations, Ministry of Education, or another appropriate school official/office (varies by country).

We do not accept the following:

» Documents certified by a notary public, translator or commissioner of oaths.

» Photocopies or other duplications of a record such as notarized copies, faxed or scanned documents.

You must request that your official transcript be sent directly from the college, university, and/or proprietary school to CUNY/UAPC.

High school transcript(s)/secondary school record
All transfer applicants are required to submit an official high school transcript with proof of graduation indicated. The transcript must be sent directly to CUNY/UAPC from the high school in a sealed, school-issued envelope.

Secondary School Transcripts/Statement of Marks
If you have graduated from a United States-administered American, International or Department of Defense school, an official paper transcript is required. The transcript must be sent directly to CUNY/UAPC from the high school in a sealed, school-issued envelope. If you have graduated from a Missionary or other American private school, you may be required to take the GED.

If you have graduated from a high school/secondary school outside the U.S. not listed above, you are required to submit your complete academic record (all years), as well as any national or government certificates earned. We accept photocopies of secondary school transcripts, diplomas, mark sheets and/or secondary external examination certificates (CXC, GCE, WASC, EASC, etc.) Please review the list of Required Secondary School Credentials.

Educational records in a language other than English must be accompanied by an official word-for-word translation on business letterhead. See English Translation Guidelines below.

Online and Correspondence Schools
CUNY does not accept high school credentials/diplomas from any non-public correspondence, online, or virtual high school. Applicants with this type of high school credential must successfully complete the High School Equivalency examination to be considered for admission to a CUNY college.

If you are a New York State resident who received home-schooling, a transcript outlining all completed coursework with grades earned is required. You must also submit a letter from the superintendent of your school district or comparable chief school administrator certifying that you have completed the equivalent of a New York State four-year high school program through home-schooling. If you cannot obtain the letter from the high school district, you must obtain a GED.

If you are an out-of-state resident who received home-schooling, a state-issued diploma is required. If you have not obtained a state-issued diploma, you must obtain your GED.

High School Equivalency Diploma

Applicants receiving a High School Equivalency diploma from New York State (also known as TASC), are required to submit a copy of their High School Equivalency diploma and scores. Visit to learn more.

Applicants receiving a High School Equivalency diploma outside of New York State should contact the appropriate State Education Department.

View a conversion of the scores to a College Admission Average (CAA) >> <pdf>

If you are an International Student please visit the website to learn more.

High School Equivalency documents should be attached to the Document Return Receipt and sent to the appropriate CUNY/UAPC address (at left).

We highly recommended that veterans submit their military transcripts. Follow the links below to submit the appropriate military transcript:

- Joint Services Transcript of JST (Army/Navy/Marine/Coast Guard)

- Air Force Transcripts

SAT/ACT Scores
If you took the SAT or ACT, it is strongly recommended that you submit your scores to demonstrate college-level readiness in reading, writing and mathematics. SAT/ACT scores are required if you have earned less than 30 college credits.

AP Scores
Students who score a four or higher on The College Board Advanced Placement Exams may be eligible to receive college credits at CUNY. Each CUNY college makes its own determination of course and credit equivalencies for the exams. Visit the Academic Credit page for more information.

If you are on a temporary visa and you were educated in a non-English speaking environment, you must demonstrate proficiency in the English language by submitting test scores from either the TOEFL or IELTS academic format test. Please request to have your official test scores sent to our processing center, CUNY/UAPC and/or list our University code (2950) when registering for the exams. Visit the TOEFL or IELTS website for more information.

New York State Opportunity Programs
If you are currently enrolled in a NY State opportunity program (College Discovery, SEEK, HEOP or EOP), please complete and submit a Special Programs Transfer Request Form <pdf>.

When sending supplemental materials to CUNY/UAPC, please attach to the Document Return Receipt Form included in your Application Summary Package.

Supplemental Application for Other Programs
Transfer programs such as the PA Program at the Sophie Davis School of Biomedical Education and the CUNY BA/BS for Unique and Interdisciplinary Studies require a supplemental paper application. These documents should be sent directly to the transfer college/program to which you are applying. Visit the appropriate college/program website for more information.


All translations must meet the following conditions:

  • Complete and literal (word-for-word) with no attempts to interpret or evaluate the credential
  • Prepared in same format as the original document
  • Typed on business or school letterhead stationery
  • Signed by a translator attesting to familiarity with the foreign language

Official translations may be obtained from the following:

  • Consulate or embassy of the country that is issuing the document
  • Translation agency
  • Immigrant or refugee association in the U.S. representing the country issuing the document
  • The institution where the student studied
  • Faculty member of U.S. high school, college, or university (must signify his/her academic department and rank)

CUNY does not accept translations from the following:

  • The student or members of his/her family
  • Individuals not affiliated with any of the organizations listed above

EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AND NON-DISCRIMINATION POLICY - The University is committed to a policy of equal employment and equal access in its educational programs and activities. For more information please download the Equal Opportunity and Non-Discrimination Policy <pdf>.

ACADEMIC INTEGRITY - You do not have the option to omit any portion of your academic history. For more information and to view the University policy regarding the submission of fraudulent documents please download the CUNY Policy on Application Documents <pdf>. For information on academic integrity at CUNY, please review the CUNY Policy on Academic Integrity <pdf>.

Type in a question or keyword above.

Mail Supporting Documents To:

Transfer Admission

P.O. Box 359023
Brooklyn, NY 11235-9023

Macaulay Honors College

P.O. Box 359021
Brooklyn, NY 11235-0001

Overnight/Express Shipping

2001 Oriental Blvd., Building T-1, Room 122
Brooklyn, NY 11235

transfer application summary packet thumbnail