The CUNY 311 Project is a collaboration between the NYC Department of Information Technology and Telecommunications (DoITT) and the City University of New York. It provides qualified CUNY students with the opportunity to work as part-time Call Center Representatives within New York City's Customer Service Center.
311 provides New Yorkers with one easy-to-remember number to access all City agencies and services. CUNY 311 Project support staff recruits and hires students, monitors on-site performance, and administers payroll.
CUNY 311 CALL TAKER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Student Call Takers will work within the 311 Call Center to perform the following tasks:
- Answer incoming calls within the 24-hour/7-day/week operation in a professional and courteous manner.
- Maintain customer satisfaction.
- Enter call data into a computerized tracking system.
- Collaborate with DoITT and CUNY Program staff as needed.
CUNY 311 CALL TAKER ELIGIBILITY AND QUALIFICATIONS
To become a Student Call Taker, applicants must meet the following:
- Currently a student in good standing at a City University of New York college.
- Undergraduate students, at time of application, must be a 2nd semester freshman and hold a GPA of 2.5 or higher, and maintain enrollment in at least 6 credits while working as a CCR.
- Graduate students, at time of application, must have completed minimum of 6 credits, hold a GPA of 3.0 or higher, and maintain enrollment in at least 3 credits while working as an intern.
- Be available 18 hours per week for three 6 hour shifts.
- Have strong computer skills and be proficient with Internet.
- Have excellent telephone etiquette and communication skills.
- Be proficient in English and have strong reading and writing skills.
- Only students with strong attendance and punctuality skills should apply.
NEW HIRE TRAINING
Once hired, all student call takers must attend a mandatory PAID new hire training (three weeks in length, M-F 9am to 5pm). 100% attendance is required. Upcoming training dates are as follows,
- Monday 6/29/15 to Friday 7/17/15 (9am to 5pm)
- Monday 8/3/15 to Friday 8/21/15 (9am to 5pm)
Rate of Pay
Part-time CUNY 311 Student Call Takers are paid at the following rates:
- Undergraduate students at $10.98 per hour.
- Graduate students at $12.98 per hour.
Flexible Work Schedules
Students will be selected based upon scheduling and shift needs within the 311 Call Center. Generally, students will be scheduled to work three 6-hour shifts a week for a total of 18 hours per week.
Interested students should contact the office/department on their campus for more information or register & apply online via the following website https://cunyinternship-oaa-csm.symplicity.com/students/index.php
CUNY 311 Call Center Campus Contacts
Career Development Center
School of Public Affairs, Career Services Office
Borough of Manhattan Community College
Center for Career Development
Bronx Community College
Career Development Office
Magner Center for Career Development and Internships
City College of New York
CUNY Graduate Center
Office of Financial Aid
Hostos Community College
Career and Transfer Center
Career Development Services
John Jay College
Career Development Services
Kingsborough Community College
Career Development Placement and Transfer Office
CUNY School of Law
Career Planning Office
LaGuardia Community College
Academic Affairs Office
Career Services Center
Medgar Evers College
Career Management Services
CUNY Medical School
Office of Administration
New York City College of Technology
Career Development and Internships
Queensborough Community College
School of Professional Studies
College of Staten Island
Career Placement, Scholarships and Awards
Office of Career Services
Guttman Community College
Office of Partnerships and & Community Engagement
You can also follow us on Twitter for more information @CUNY311_Project.