Conflict of Interest
CONFLICT OF INTEREST MANAGEMENT AT CUNY
CONFLICT OF INTEREST IN NON PHS FUNDED RESEARCH
- COI Disclosure, Oversight and Management Procedures for research not funded by PHS <pdf>
- Significant Financial Interest Disclosure form for research projects not funded by PHS <docx>
- Significant Financial Interest Supplement form for research projects not funded by PHS <doc>
CONFLICT OF INTEREST IN PHS FUNDED RESEARCH
- Memo from the Vice Chancellor for Research Gillian Small regarding compliance with the new PHS regulations <pdf>
- Procedures for Complying with 2011 PHS Regulations <pdf>
- Significant Financial Interest Disclosure Form for PHS Funded Research <doc>
- Significant Financial Interest Supplement Form for PHS Funded Research <doc>
CONFLICTS OF INTEREST RELATED TO EQUITY OWNERSHIP AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LICENSING
Investigators responsible for developing, discovering, or creating any University-owned intellectual property who have become aware of a Company’s acquisition or intention to acquire ownership of or a license to that intellectual property must disclose if they have a Significant Financial Interest, as defined by CUNY Policy, in the company acquiring the license. See procedures and form for disclosure below.
- Procedures for COI Review Related to Licensing of Intellectual Property <pdf>
- Equity Ownership and Intellectual Property Disclosure Form <docx>
CONFLICT OF INTEREST PROCEDURES FOR OVERSIGHT OF RESEARCH BY A CONFLICTS OVERSEER
The University’s Conflicts Committee may require the appointment of a Conflicts Overseer to manage a Financial Conflict of Interest in a research project. Procedures for Oversight of Research by a Conflicts Overseer are available here <pdf>
COLLEGE CONFLICTS OFFICERS (CCO)
The President of each CUNY College designates a CCO for their campus.
Each CCO is in charge of implementing CUNY’s Conflict of Interest policy, for promoting the need to disclose significant financial interests to faculty and staff at their College, and for reviewing all disclosures in accordance to this policy.
Contact information of the current CCO for each College is available here
The National Science Foundation’s (NSF) Conflict of Interest Policies Section of the Grant Policy Manual is available hereThe National Institutes of Health’s (NIH) regulations establishing standards and procedures to be followed by institutions that apply for research funding from the Public Health Service (PHS) to ensure that the design, conduct, or reporting of research funded under PHS grants, cooperative agreements or contracts will not be biased by any conflicting financial interest of those investigators responsible for the research are available here