Participation in NYC HANES offered a financial benefit, health benefits, and a powerful reason to feel good about contributing to improved health for all New Yorkers.
- $100 in cash for people who participated in the survey, the physical exam, and the lab tests.
- $30 bonus ($130 total) for people who made an appointment to do the above at the Manhattan clinic (455 First Avenue, between 26th and 27th Streets) instead of at home.
- results of recent lab tests valued at $500
- referrals to low-cost or free care for those who had no health insurance
Feel Good About Your Contribution:
Tell your family, friends, and neighbors that you are proud to have been part of a study that will improve city life. Only you could have done it!
When we conducted the first NYC HANES in 2004, our research led to important changes in New York City's laws and regulations. Those laws and regulations continue to improve the health of millions of New Yorkers. Some of the changes were:
- healthier food in restaurants and supermarkets
- making parks, beaches and hospital grounds smoke-free
- improving care for people with diabetes
- less mercury in fish and cosmetics
- greater restrictions on the use of pesticides
If you have questions about NYC HANES, please call 1-347-396-4171.