All applicants to the COMHE major, including current Hunter students, must submit a CUNY online application through UAPC and a departmental supplemental application. Prospective applicants must meet the minimum requirements upon the start of the major. Admission to the major is in the Fall semester only.
- Earned a minimum of 60 credits in liberal arts and science
- Must have earned a grade of "C" or better in prerequisite courses
- Minimum GPA 3.0
- English Composition (ENG 120) - 3 credits
- Intro to Sociology (SOC 101) - 3 credits
- Introductory level Psychology OR Anthropology (PSYCH 100, PSYCH 150, ANTHC 101) - 3 credits
- Introductory level Statistics (STAT 113 or 213, PSYCH 248, SOC 241, ECON 221 or equivalent) - 3 credits
Any upper level course in the Social Sciences (Must be at least 200 level course in Anthropology (ANTHC), Community Health, Psychology or Sociology, Urban Studies, Women’s Studies or Human Rights. Note: The Statistics prerequisite cannot meet this requirement.) - 3 credits
Any lab science in the Natural Sciences (Preferred: ANTHP 101 or 102; BIO 100,102, 125 or 150) – 4 to 4.5 credits
Further information about General Hunter College admission requirements >>
All prospective students are encouraged to attend an
Information Session (check the Recruitment Calendar for dates). For additional inquiries, please email: email@example.com
APPLYING IS A ThREE-STEP PROCESS:
- Submit a CUNY “Undergraduate Transfer Application” online: www.cuny.edu/apply (Note: Even if you are an existing Hunter student you need to complete this transfer application.) Please be aware that CUNY charges a $70 application fee. DEADLINE: February 1, 2015
- Submit this COMHE Departmental Supplemental Application <pdf> to: Professor Meredith Manze at Meredith.firstname.lastname@example.org (please save it as a pdf and email). You will receive a confirmation email within one week of its receipt. DEADLINE: February 1, 2015
- Have all Official Transcripts sent directly to the address below:
University Application Processing Center
PO Box 359023
Brooklyn, NY 11235-9023
Follow the instructions at: http://cuny.edu/admissions/undergraduate/afteryouapply/after-you-apply-transfer.html
Applications received after the filing deadline will be considered on a space available basis.
Admission to the COMHE major is a competitive, selective process. To be considered for the COMHE major, fill out the form included here <pdf> (pg. 3‐5) and submit it by the date above to be considered for entry in the coming fall semester. Admission to the COMHE major is in the FALL only.
Applicants who do not meet all CUNY School of Public Health COMHE BS prerequisites may apply to Hunter but must initially declare an alternative major. Applicants with under 60 credits may declare a General Studies major.
The UAPC processes applications for both Hunter and non-Hunter applicants. You should be notified of the decision status via email within 6-8 weeks of receipt of a completed application.
You may inquire into your status at the UAPC online site or by contacting UAPC via email or phone. You will need to provide your full name, social security number or CUNY application identification number, date of birth, and the semester for which you are applying. The office of CUNY School of Public Health is not informed of application status.
Email: email@example.com ,Telephone:(212) 997-CUNY (2869)